I would start by apologizing for posting 2/3 soup-like recipes but it’s Fall and I don’t care! 🍁🍁🍂🍂 I love Fall and this recipe allows me to multi-task which is great for a working student! Secondly, I would apologize for the wait for this post but this is typically how my blog will run as I am in school and this is something I do in my spare time.
So… This recipe began with me deciding I wanted to make butternut squash soup in my crock pot. Then I decided that I would really like Italian Carbornara pasta, you know ALL THE CARBS with cheese and bacon and peas and love? Well, I can’t have that, so I decided to make a Carbornara infused butternut squash bisque.
- 2 cups vegetable stock (I used trader joes)
- 1 clove garlic (large)
- 2 large carrots peeled
- 2 gala apples chopped and peeled
- 1 butternut squash (roasted, peeled, chopped) *or use the store bought stuff that’s pre-cut, I won’t judge.
- 1/2 large onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp cayanne
- 1/2cup coconut milk
*** all these ingredients go in the crock pot first, throw in at night on low and go to bed***
- 2tbsp honey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/3c Parmesan cheese
- 2 more cups of the vegetable stock.
Now, go to work/school/wherever and leave your crock pot on warm. You don’t want it to keep cooking on low or your peas will get mushy.
- Wild rice (as much as you want) P.S. Cook it first using leftover broth/stock
- Bacon (as much as you want)
- Parmesan cheese
- Shelled pumpkin seeds
Now eat, you had a long day and you deserve it.