Originally published April 14, 2016
Hey Everyone. These roast veggies are great on their own and made even better when you put salmon on top! I was working on homework and inspiration struck. I’ve had some apples in my refrigerator for weeks now and haven’t been craving them. I was planning on roasting my butternut squash and Brussels sprouts as I always do with coconut oil, maple syrup, and some salt and then realized apples would be an amazing addition! Then I started craving peanut butter and apples and knew I was going to make salmon with the veggies anyway. #Inspiration. A filling and delicious healthy dinner from my busy kitchen to yours. I hope you enjoy!
- 5 apples
- butternut squash (4 cups)
- brussel sprouts (4 cups)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-4 salmon filets
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400
- While the oven is heating chop your apples into 1/2 inch pieces, squash into 1 inch pieces, and remove the stem from the brussel sprout and cut into quarters. Spread your chopped veggies on a baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup add coconut oil and maple syrup and microwave for a minute. Stir, and toss your veggies in this deliciousness. Then salt the veggies. Save 1/5th of this sauce for your salmon.
Now place your salmon fillets on sheets of aluminum foil, enough to make each filet its own little pouch.
- Take the remaining coconut oil/maple syrup and add peanut butter, olive oil, and ginger. Stir Stir Stir! Once combined pour an even amount over each salmon filet.
- Make a pouch for your salmon and bake for 35 minutes with the veggies.
- Serve and Enjoy! Needs a bit of salt and pepper on the salmon.