The perfect light healthy dinner or lunch! Inspired by a favorite recipe of a good friend of mine who loves to cook and also happens to read the law books! Thanks for the inspiration Ash!
- 2 cups raw wild rice (I boil mine in 5 cups liquid)
- 8 cooked chicken drumsticks (seasoned with cumin, salt, and Italian seasoning) cook your favorite way and chop up
- 6 cucumbers (chopped)
- 6 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2tsp Dill
- 2tsp fresh mint
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Cool your wild rice and add to salad bowl. Wild rice takes longer to get soft so be patient while it boils and don’t be shy with your liquid!
- Add chopped seasoned chicken to the wild rice
- Add cucumber and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper
Add fresh chopped herbs and top with olive oil, feta, and lemon juice
It’s ready to serve! So easy, fresh, and delicious! Cheers.