Do you ever want stuffed peppers but don’t have all the time to let them cook all day? That’s my life every week so I started thinking about how to get the same flavors and comfort out of a meal that can be prepared without spending a whole day in the kitchen!
- 4 bell peppers cored and divided in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic (feel free to add or take away depending on preference)
- 1 onion cut in half and sliced into half moons about 1/4inch thick.
- 1/4cup olive oil (you can use less if you have better aim than I do!)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups spinach (optional I just like adding extra veggies)
- plain yogurt (Greek works great too)
- 1/2 cup cooked rice per serving
First preheat your oven to 400. Then place your peppers, onions, and garlic on a baking sheet and drizzle with all the olive oil and salt. Place the sheet in the oven. In 15 minutes flip your peppers and onions carefully and remove the garlic from the pan and set aside. We will use it later. Now place the sheet back in your oven. The peppers should have a slight char.
Your baking sheet should look like this: pretty and colorful and delicious!
Now does everyone remember that garlic we pulled out? Great… Chop up those cloves. Pull out a pan and a pound of ground beef. Melt the butter, add the garlic to the pan with tomato paste and all the spices and an extra tbsp of olive oil. It should look like this!
Once it looks like that add your beef and fry!
When your beef is cooked through, add your spinach and stir to combine until the spinach wilts.
Now take your crushed tomato can and drain it and add just the tomatoes into the pan and bring it to a simmer! It should look like this:
Okay, we’re almost there! Take your chopped parsley when you want to eat in 5 mins… Add it to the beef tomato spinach mixture.