Following my trend of healthy or cleaned-up comfort foods, I present Rainbow Pad Thai. While this recipe cooks quickly- if you want to cut corners I will not judge you for buying your veggies pre-spiralized… life is busy! Plus it’s still less than you’d spend on the real thing!
This recipe serves 6-8 people
Ingredients for the Pad Thai 🌈
Noodles in the same line as a vegetable refers to the spiralized version of that vegetable
- 2 cups Butternut squash or sweet potato noodles
- 2 cups Beet noodles (if you don’t want the entire thing to be the color of beets swap this out)
- 2 cups zucchini noodles zoodles
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 small red onions or one medium
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 1 Orange bell pepper, in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mushrooms of your choice
- 2 chicken breast cubed (this is a really great recipe to use leftover chicken in!)
- Buckwheat noodles (1 package)
- 1 cup peanut sauce
- Melt coconut oil in a large Wok and add in onions, cook until soft on medium high heat
- Add in jalapeños and garlic and stir until fragrant. Next add in your bell pepper and mushrooms and let sautée a bit. Now add your chicken and make sure everything’s all mixed up nicely.
- Boil pot of water and add in buckwheat noodles, cook for 5 minutes then rinse and let sit in a bowl of water
- Add your peanut sauce to the wok now to coat everything that is currently in there
- Ok now it’s spiralized vegetable time! 🍆🥒🥕
- Add in one type of vegetable noodle at a time in terms of cook time (so I added in my beets, then squash, then my zoodles last)
- As you add in the veggie noodles use tongs to stir like you are putting spaghetti onto a spoon to incorporate the veggies in with everything else and get it coated in the sauce.
- Once you have completed this process use the tongs to add your buckwheat noodles using the same method.
- Allow to simmer and get all yummy
- Serve hot and enjoy 🍜
🥜🥜🥜Peanut sauce 🥜🥜🥜
warning this stuff is ADDICTING!! Its delicious
Combine the following into a blender and blend until smooth.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 cup siracha (play with this depending on your desired 🌶🌶🌶)
- 1/8 cup soy sauce.