Tonight’s dinner was a special Birthday dinner for my friend Meg and it was Delicious!
It’s so satisfying for cold weather but I’d also recommend it for the summer. I bet it would work just as well with grilled cod! You bake the cod then add the tomato sauce on top and let it bake a bit longer. I served it on top of mashed potatoes!
- 1/4 c EVOO (divided)
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 carton cherry tomatoes pierces or sliced in half
- Fresh herbs (basil, thyme, and chives)
- 1 lb and 6 Oz cod
- Lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 425
- Use some of the olive oil to coat your Pyrex then dry your cod and lay it out In one layer. Add salt and pepper to your cod and drizzle more EVOO and some lemon juice on top
- Place fish in oven and set a timer for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes then oven down to 350 and don’t open the door for 20 minutes
- Now for the sauce. Put the rest of your olive oil in a pan and add your minced garlic, stir often so the garlic gets soft but doesn’t burn.
- Once your garlic is soft add your tomatoes and chicken broth and let simmer stirring often until it gets thick and much less watery. This should take about 20 minutes
- Once sauce has thickened add butter and chopped herbs and stir until butter is melted
- Now pour sauce over the fish and bake another ten minutes
- Serve hot and enjoy!